Ghost



The highway burns like miseries.

Obscure lines of livestock and trees.

I feel a weightlessness with you, a silence of unanswered questions, questions you never ask whenever I return.

I am very happy, believe me. Your colors are different from my world, you smell like freshly watered sunflowers turning gently towards the first rays of the morning. You dance like a thousand glowing angels under a moonlit night. I feel no gravity here, I float somewhere in between you and everything that pulls me away from you.

Street boys running by my car, getting quickly outpaced, grubby mouth and colorful hands, their eyes shining like the sea, you keep them close to your heart. I know, I was one of them.

I am cutting through the avenues, trying to find my way to you, I am breathing fast, my heart is pacing wild. I am fumbling through my words for you, my soul is filled with love and blues…

Staying away from you, always was and is surely now, a flaw. If this is home, then I wonder when my cold veneer will thaw, and I settle here in your warm embrace and resounding grace. If this is home, then I wonder what I have been searching for all my life? To what avail is this ceaseless strife and the stabbing pain of the unreachable knife piercing my back?

I wonder when I'll thaw, I left you here and I wonder what I saw?

Narrow streets and the glimmering lights, like fairy tales on every step. Time is slow, the seconds flow like trickle down a slope. I am back in the womb, miles away from my living tomb. You are filling my soul, like a breeze that’s cold in an empty house, full of dust and ashes of my life.

Your world is golden, shimmering like a chandelier. And I float, along your hundred boats, in the Ganges that flows through you like a blood vein. And somewhere in between, I float, I hide, I giggle and chase memories, cups of tea, packets of cigarettes, bird’s eye view of home.

It’s raining.

I scurry along the muddy steps, my back against the walls. I see you drenched, shy and shivering, looking beautiful. The chandelier splits into a million crystals, dispersing into fireflies as they hit your gentle skin.

...

Go away now. This is a pipe dream. A temporary joy. Go away now.

The wolf howls. The clock arms move.

Promise me you will not weep, and be the hammock to comfort my final sleep. I see you standing there, with your golden hair, and those deep and glorious eyes… the queen of chandeliers.

I am abreast, of the troubling nest, of wicked lies that pain my chest. I am scratching through the surface for the light... You’re miles away, at the river’s bay, that fed the youth and memories of my child. The child that still wants a cradle to his life.

Swing me again. Swing me again oh life.

This is an ode to you. My pen, this page, a silent rage yet hopeful I am, that one fine day, I’ll be one with you and you’ll be one with me. When the curtain calls, I will not stall to rush into your warm embrace.

Hold me down, hold me close like a child... Hold me down, hold me close till I die...

I don’t know where I am going, but I am taking you with me. I am a ghost of you, you’re a ghost of me.

Hold me down, hold me close like a child... Hold me down, hold me close till I die...


Comments

Popular Posts